Noisy breathing during sleep is snoring, and it is a common problem found across age groups, and gender, irrespective of time of sleep. In fact, it can cause serious disturbance to people with whom you share your bedroom. Moreover, it is an embarrassing issue and needs immediate attention before it can cause relationship problems between the couple. There are snore stoppers available online to give you relief from this problem. click here to know more. Studies on www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/9-reasons-to-sleep-more reveal that poor sleep can affect your daily routine causing health hazards and even problems in your normal life.
Types Of Anti-Snoring Devices
· The market is flooded with anti-snoring devices, and they come with some immense benefits. Among these,
· Chin straps as the name suggests are wrapped around the chin while sleeping to stop snoring. It is comfortable and easy to carry. The strap comes with an in-built airflow to improve the muscle support in the throat.
· Oral devices are highly effective and are mostly used by alcoholics and obese people. It may not be as comfortable as the chin strap but helps in stopping snoring.
· Tongue retaining devices (TRD) and Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) encourage nose breathing. It stops the rumbling noise and promotes a healthier respiratory system.
· Anti-snore pillows are in vogue, and it comes with vivid benefits. It is comfortable that even non-snoring people use the pillow regularly.
Health Benefits Of Anti Snoring Devices
Snoring is not a major condition as it seems to be. It is just the annoying sound that disturbs the partner. It does not cause any serious health issues in the short term. But research has revealed that the snorer can be affected in the long term. While sleeping the tongue and the throat muscles relax blocking the throat. This hinders the air supply going to the lungs creating a host of health complications. One of the first to be affected is the lungs. Infection can occur in the lungs due to breathing via the mouth. Another risk is to the heart. Snoring can lead to stroke or heart failure. The third risk is the scarring of the liver permanently.
Cost Of Anti-Snoring Device
These devices are inexpensive and are available online. Among all the devices, MAD is the cheapest. It lasts up to ten months. The TRD is also less expensive and can be used for years together if cleaned regularly. An anti-snore pillow is also a long-standing option for snorers. Chin straps are inexpensive and come with a decent lifespan. It stands longer than MAD and TRD.
Opt For Non-Invasive Treatment Options
Anti-snore devices are safe, cheaper and yield the desired results. Think twice before opting for surgery. The latter is associated with pain, and the success rate is low. There is always a chance of returning to snoring within a few months. The reason for the low rate of surgery success is that snoring is not caused by soft palate always. The snoring in most cases happens under the tongue, and there are no possible means to remove this. Therefore, it is safe to opt for non-invasive methods.